Sunday, August 5, 2007

When Bloggers Collide

We had our last do in the corner house last night. (Said quite a lot of ThingsIReallyThinkOutloud, so am not sure how many of these people are still talking to me...Y'all will let me know if there are any more bridges around here that I can burn before I go away, right?)

I have often wondered what would happen if bloggers, people who really ought to have no real life fleshly existence, meet.

Well, the Rift in Space and Time completely failed to show.

Very disappointing.

John Carriere, a fellow Evil Trad from way back, long rumoured to live in the area:

(actually, we agreed that there was no way I could know if he really was John Carriere since I didn't see any ID. But whoever he was, he was just as fun as John Carriere, so what difference does it make, really?)

I told him that he really needs to post more. He gave me some lame excuses like having kids and a job. Pfff!

There were several confirmed Oratorian sightings.


And the social coup of the evening was when Kathy Shaidle showed. I was sitting upstairs, taking a little Doctor Who break before the people started arriving, and she was announced,

I bounced down the stairs like a kid.

Kathy is, as she claims to be, perfectly sociable and non-insane in real life.

I, on the other hand, was told that the bloggers who have met me agree that there is no discernible difference between the online and in-person Hilary, except for being more three-dimensional and less text-oriented.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy Shaidle is a big liar! She is always saying that she is ugly!

Hilary Jane Margaret White said...

I know. I didn't like to call her a fibber to her face though.