Friday, August 17, 2007

I feel like crying



or laughing or jumping up and down...

Just talked to Auntie Gill and Uncle Mike in Cheshire. They're going to pick me up at Manchester airport and put me up.

I can't believe it. It was like talking to someone from a past life.

I was discussing plans with a friend who will also be on the other side of the Atlantic. He asked me what I was doing for Christmas.

For the first time in my life, I said (without a trace of bitter irony) "I'll probably be spending it with my family."

Life is odd.

First thing Gill said to me was, "My gosh, you sound like your mum. When we heard your message on the answerphone, I got a shock when I thought it was from Judy."

Wait till they see me! I hope I don't give anyone a turn. Everyone has always remarked how much I look like mum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's like a fairytale!