Saturday, August 18, 2007

Sulking


So, I wake up and think, "I feel like crap. I think I'm ill. Or hung over, except that I haven't been drinking...(what's fair about that?!)..."

Not enough sleep for a week, too much worry and excitement.

So, I think, I'll just sit around a bit and watch some TV.

I plug in Ann's computer and it connects OK, except that Ann's computer is crap. The screen's dark and it's keyboard controls and mousepad are archaic...so I think, hey, I'll plug mine in, since it is not crap. It's a brand new Ferrari of a machine.

"Limited or no connectivity"

Click "repair".

"Unable to repair your connection."

Reboot.

"Limited or no connectivity"

Restrain self from flinging computer at wall.

Why do the gods vex me so?

Sigh, deeply, and think OK, now I have to call Dell support. Again.

Can't find, in the box pile, anything connected to my computer information stuff. Have to look up the number online.

Plug Ann's crap computer in again.

Find number.

Where's the phone?

Go off in search of phone.

(time elapses in which muffled Anglo-saxon expletives can be heard emanating from deep in box pile)

Find phone.

Dial Dell support.

Dial tone.

Try again.

Dial tone.

Try operator.

Dial tone.

Phone isn't working.

Sigh.

Fall back into bed, listening to Tony Bennet.

Spend rest of day sulking, watching Battlestar Galactica on TV links on Ann's crap screen until I feel energetic enough to go to the mall.

I might go down to the office tonight to finish the book.

But it seems a remote possibilty.

No comments: