Monday, August 6, 2007

"...and then it was nothing but blastomere separation, embryonic components of the trophoblast and placenta and monozygotic twinning until lunchtime"

Yes, I'm finally doing it. I was looking at websites advertising shared flats in Durham, the cost of one-way tickets to Newcastle, the price of a bed in a hostel or B&B...and thinking, "well, I've got about a thousand bucks in the bank..."

Uh.

Oh...

For a very VERY long time, since just before John Muggs died in fact, I've had a commission sitting on the back burner to do a briefing book on reproductive technologies and cloning and embryo research and related things. It shows how deeply lazy it is possible to be, because I have been offered a reasonably substantial sum of money and I just plain haven't done it. It's just that I'm sooooooo bored with it. It numbs my brain to think about it.

But now, I actually need the money. So I'm going to be somewhat scarce around here for a while.

1 comment:

DP said...

Ah, yes--the need for the green. Complicating, that.