Monday, July 23, 2007

Turn me over, I'm done on this side...



I've discovered a place in Toronto where you can go and it is just like a beach. There's sand and water, waves and seagulls and almost all the things that beaches have. The "beach" points towards the lake and is on the other side of Ward's Island so you can't see Toronto, or smell it, or hear the Gardiner X-pressway. (Come to think of it, it may be the only place within the confines of the city that you can't hear any traffic noise whatever.)

I also discovered that a regular rain umbrella does almost nothing to keep one from getting sunburned.

...also bought a new hat and had a long chat with yet another set of long-lost English relatives.

So all in all, a giant win this weekend. I'm in an exceptionally good mood, which usually means I'm ready for a dust-up.

No comments: