Friday, July 6, 2007

into the fire



For some reason I feel daily more eager to throw myself into the fire. Had a nice chat today with Fr. Tim Finigan about the State of Things. As is usual for a news article, I talked and listened a lot longer and more than I wrote.

Every time I asked some hopeful question like, "Any chances that things will turn around with a Tory win in the next federal election? He just kept giving me the straight and un-moderated 'no.'

"Enough with that "no"! What's with that anyway for Pete sake?" But there it still was: "No."

"So, any traction being made with the pro-family, anti-contraception/death movement?"

No.

"Any hope that the little Catholic life and family movement will be heard or supported by...anyone...?"

No.

"Anyone paying attention to the noises you guys are making about the growing control of government into personal private family life?"

No.

Anyone paying attention AT ALL?

No.

I knew the answers before I asked.
But I have an odd urge to throw myself into this immolation that Britain is making of itself and Anglo-Culture. For some reason I can't resist the urge to get there and be in the centre of the conflagration.

Call me a B&B racist, but I have a deep belief that British and Biblical is the True Thing for the human race, despite what some slavic priest might object is my anglo prejudice. If B&B is immolating itself on a multicultural suttee, I don't think I want to be there for what's left after.

No comments: